Welcome to Ventura
Relax in a surfing community with refined suburbs
Ventura is the county seat of Ventura, California, and one of the larger seaside communities to the northwest of Los Angeles. Ventura has a lot of California Mission Revival and Spanish Mission-style architecture, as well as luxury condominiums and ranch-style start homes. Many homes have mansard roofs and stucco exteriors, which help maintain a comfortable temperature indoors. Homes in Ventura vary in style, so many homebuyers are grateful for the range of choices.
What to Love
- Antiquated adobe buildings in historic downtown Ventura
- Pierpont Bay and direct access to the Pacific Ocean
- The professional surfing and skating associations and communities
- Four exceptional colleges
- Gorgeous beaches, state parks, marinas, and the Santa Clara River
- Famous beaches and set locations
Dining, Entertainment, & Shopping
Ventura has many restaurants that serve fresh seafood catches, local wines, and authentic Mexican food. I Love Sushi has samplings of the freshest sashimi and in-season items. Sushi Fresh Ventura has the standard sushi platters but also creates edible art dishes using fresh ingredients and decorative trappings.
Ventura also has over six shopping malls, so residents never have to travel far to find the latest styles.
The Olivas Links golf course is close to the harbor, and golfers often comment on the refreshing quality of playing a round with the reinvigorating ocean air. Saticoy Regional Golf Course has a smaller course and is the ideal place for learning how to golf in Ventura.
Southern California is known for its canyons as much as its mountains and ocean, and Harmon Canyon Preserve is one of the canyon sites worth visiting. It has some of the most beautiful, elevated trails stretching over large, golden hills.
Students in Westlake are considered part of the well-respected Conejo Valley Unified School District or are zoned to Las Virgenes Unified School District.
- Ventura High School, Grades 9-12
- Buena High School, Grades 9-12
- El Camino High School, Grades 9-12
- Cabrillo Middle School, Grades 6-8
- Balboa Middle School, Grades 6-8
- Lemon Grove Middle School, Grades 6-8
- Anacapa Middle School, Grades 6-8
- Pierpoint Elementary School, Grades K-5
- Lincoln Elementary School, Grades K-5
- Will Rogers Elementary School, Grades K-5
- Elmherst Elementary School, Grades K-5