Welcome to Agoura/Oak Park
Find fulfillment and peace in a serene mountain suburb
The Agoura/Oak Park neighborhood was developed in the 1960s and properties tend to have more traditional bilevel and ranch-style architecture in the older sections of town. In the more recently built or remodeled areas, the modern and coastal contemporary style emerges.
Although this neighborhood has grown, it was chosen as an area prime for development because of its remote location in the beautiful Simi Valley. This community is fitting for those who value their independence and distance from more populated areas.
What to Love
- Homes near the valleys and rolling Santa Monica Range Mountains
- Proximity to Los Angeles
- Nearby lakes, state parks, beaches, and nature preserves
- Plentiful shopping centers and dining opportunities
Many Southern California residents are very active outdoors. Life in Agoura/Oak Park can involve working on personal fitness in front of dazzling mountains. In a suburban enclave this far away from Los Angeles, many residents prefer the landscape over the city skyline of Los Angeles. Regardless, there are many fun boutiques, worldly restaurants, recreation centers, and sports clubs for residents to feel fulfilled near their homes without traveling into the city.
Just down Agoura, Adobe Cantina is another popular restaurant with a heated outdoor patio and Mexican-inspired cuisine. Jinky's Kanan Cafe has Southwestern-influenced dishes and a relaxing atmosphere.
For live music, the Tavern Tomoko & Ladyface Brewery has Belgian and French-styled food plus a patio with an incredible view and space to listen to music. Outside of town, the Twin Oaks Shopping Center is an outdoor mall with even more elegant stores, restaurants, and upscale dining options.
Things to Do
Agoura/Oak Park has many enriching events centers, museums, and music venues. At The Performing Arts Center, residents can watch local plays and launch their own productions. The Canyon is an intimate music venue in WhizIn Market Square.
Young people in this area are part of the excellent Las Virgenes Unified School District and the equally highly-regarded Oak Park Unified School District.
- Oak Park High School, Grades 9-12, National Blue Ribbon School
- Agoura High School, Grades 9-12, California Distinguished School
- Medea Creek Middle School, Grades 6-8, Department of Education Green Ribbon School
- Oak Hills Elementary, Grades K-5, California Distinguished School
- Red Oak Elementary, Grades K-5, #1 in the Oak Park Unified Elementary School District